The Arts Council administers an annual grant program for cultural development in Hillsborough County. The grant cycle follows the Arts Council’s fiscal year which begins Oct. 1. Organizations applying for a Cultural Development Grant from the Arts Council must attend the annual workshop on the program and the application process. This is usually held in early summer. A lack of understanding of the process and incomplete requirements is the number one cause of unsuccessful applications.
Cultural Development Grants are awarded on a competitive basis to not-for-profit, tax-exempt, 501(c)(3) organizations that meet the eligibility requirements and provide cultural programming in Hillsborough County. Funding is awarded based on overall quality of cultural excellence, community outreach and public impact, and financial/administrative organizational merit.
An organization applying for a grant must have as its primary mission the delivery of cultural programming. Cultural disciplines encompass, but are not limited to: archaeology architecture, children’s museums, crafts, creative writing, dance, drama, folk arts, history, literature, music, natural sciences, photography, public media, sculpture, theatre, visual arts, and the execution, exhibition, or presentation of such allied cultural forms. Read the program’s annual guidelines document for more information.
Be sure to sign up for the Arts Council’s mailing list to receive notices of any upcoming grant information. Notices are sent through email and posted on this website.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR 2015-16 GRANT PROGRAM
- THIS APPLICATION PERIOD IS CLOSED.
- Mandatory Workshop for All Applicants – Friday, June 5, 2015, 1:30-3:30 pm
- Application Deadline – Friday, August 14, 2015
- Panel Review – Friday, Sept. 18, 2015
2015-16 PROGRAM DOCUMENTS
- 2015-16 Cultural Development Grant Guidelines (pdf)
- 2015-16 Cultural Development Grant Application (Word doc)
- 2015-16 Cultural Development Grant Scoring Details (pdf)
FOR GRANT RECIPIENTS
- 2015-16 CD Grant Procedures Manual (pdf)
- 2015-16 CD Exhibits A, B1, B2 (Word doc file)
- Hills County EOC Clause (pdf)
- Public Entity Crimes Form (pdf)
- CDG Invoice Detail Worksheet (Excel doc)
- CDG Invoice for Reimbursement (Word doc)
- CDG Change Request Form (Word doc)
- CDG Final Report (Word doc file)
- Florida Cultural Alliance Membership Application
If you have questions about the program or the documents, please contact us at 813-276-8250.
Grantees must include the Council’s logo on their website with a link to TampaArts.com and give credit to the Hillsborough County Board of County Commissioners through a text statement or logo. Grantees must also provide credit on all news releases; print, radio and television advertising; publications; and programs related to the Project. Proper credit would read: With the Support of the Arts Council of Hillsborough County and the Hillsborough County Board of County Commissioners. Wherever possible, include the Arts Council’s logo and Hillsborough County’s logo.
- Arts Council logo – low res for web – When used on your website, please link the logo to http://TampaArts.com
- Hillsborough County logo – low res for web
- ArtsTampaBay logo – low res for web – We also appreciate it if you provide a logo and link to our Arts Events Calendar, http://ArtsTampaBay.com, on your website.
Need higher resolution versions, different formats or sizes? Please call 813-276-8250.
WHERE THE ARTS COUNCIL GETS MONEY FOR GRANTS
The Arts Council’s grant programs are made possible thanks to funds from the Hillsborough County Board of County Commissioners, donations received from individuals through Hillsborough Arts, Inc. and fundraising events such as FIVE by FIVE. We are grateful for the continued support of our community that makes art happen. Make a donation to Hillsborough Arts.