The Arts Council administers an annual grant program open to 501(c)(3), nonprofit organizations with a cultural focus for the purpose of cultural development in Hillsborough County. Recipients have ranged from small to large groups working in a variety of areas. The grant cycle follows the Arts Council’s fiscal year which begins Oct. 1. Organizations applying for a Cultural Development Grant from the Arts Council must attend a workshop on the program, the application process and changes that have been made. This is usually held in early summer. A lack of understanding of the process and incomplete requirements is the number one cause of unsuccessful applications.
Cultural Development Grants are awarded on a competitive basis to not-for-profit, tax-exempt, 501(c)(3) organizations that meet the eligibility requirements and provide cultural programming in Hillsborough County. Read the annual guidelines for more information. Funding is awarded based on overall quality of cultural excellence, community outreach and public impact, and financial/administrative organizational merit.
An organization applying for a grant must have a cultural program focus. Cultural disciplines encompass, but are not limited to: archaeology architecture, children’s museums, crafts, creative writing, dance, drama, folk arts, history, literature, music, natural sciences, photography, public media, sculpture, theatre, visual arts, and the execution, exhibition, or presentation of such allied cultural forms.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR 2015-16 GRANT PROGRAM
- New application and guidelines available – Monday, June 1 or before
- Mandatory Workshop for All Applicants – Friday, June 5, 1:30-3:30 pm SIGN UP
- Application Deadline – Friday, August 14
- Panel Review – Friday, Sept. 18
2014-15 PROGRAM DOCUMENTS
2014-15 Cultural Development Grant Guidelines (pdf) – grant cycle closed
2014-15 Cultural Development Grant Scoring Details (pdf) – grant cycle closed
2014-15 Cultural Development Grant Application (Word doc) – grant cycle closed
Grant Glossary (pdf)
Sample grant, top scoring 2013 (pdf)
Cultural Development Grant Application Tips (pdf)
If you have questions about the program or the documents, please contact Director of Program Services Terri Simons at 813-276-8250.
FORMS FOR 2014-15 GRANT RECIPIENTS
- 2014-15 CDG Procedures Manual (pdf)
- 2014-15 CDG Exhibits A,B1,B2 (Word doc)
- Hills County EOC Clause (pdf)
- Public Entity Crimes Form (pdf)
- CDG Invoice Detail Worksheet (Excel doc)
- CDG Reimbursement Request Invoice (Word doc)
- CDG Change Request Form (Word doc)
- CDG Final Report Form (Word doc)
- Florida Cultural Alliance Membership Application
Grantees must include the Council’s logo on their website with a link to TampaArts.com and give credit to the Hillsborough County Board of County Commissioners through a text statement or logo. Grantees must also provide credit on all news releases; print, radio and television advertising; publications; and programs related to the Project. Proper credit would read: With the Support of the Arts Council of Hillsborough County and the Hillsborough County Board of County Commissioners. Wherever possible, include the Arts Council’s logo and Hillsborough County’s logo.
- Arts Council two-inch logo – high res for printed materials
- Arts Council one-inch logo – high res for printed materials
- Arts Council logo – low res for web – When used on your website, please link the logo to http://TampaArts.com
- Hillsborough County logo – high res for printed materials
- Hillsborough County logo – low res for web
- ArtsTampaBay logo – low res for web – We also appreciate it if you provide a logo and link to our Arts Events Calendar, http://ArtsTampaBay.com, on your website.
Please call Terri Simons at 813-276-8250 if you need another format or size.
WHERE THE ARTS COUNCIL GETS MONEY FOR GRANTS
The Arts Council’s grant programs are made possible thanks to funds from the Hillsborough County Board of County Commissioners, donations received from individuals through Hillsborough Arts, Inc. and fundraising events such as FIVE by FIVE and Heart of the Arts. We are grateful for the continued support of our community that makes art happen. Make a donation to Hillsborough Arts.